Sunday, October 4, 2009

How do I convert my work computers to Vista?

I work in a small office that has five computers and I want to purchase two new computers. The two new computers will be Windows Vista and I am wondering if this will mess up the networking with the other computers at all. Would I have to upgrade all of the computers? One of the computers I want to replace is the one that has the server on it. Also, do most programs have updates available for Vista and are they free updates?



How do I convert my work computers to Vista?norton 360



The networking will not get messed up. To network xp and vista is pretty simple. I would actually recommend you to downgrade those new vista machines to xp, just because you will encounter some issues because although most software do offer updates for vista, they dont always work. So going from vista down to XP would be less painful, but leaving it as it is, it should work perfectly



How do I convert my work computers to Vista?photoshop



If it were MY decision, I would scrap Vista and install XP on the two new ones, rather than installing Vista on the old ones.
First do not use Vista as your server software. It is not the best choice to use. Vista was designed to be a Workstation OS not server software. This is what I would get:



http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver20...

No comments:

Post a Comment