Sunday, October 4, 2009

I have two computers. I want to setup both computers to use my cable enternet.?

I have a wireless g router. what else do i need to do this? The computer i will be hooking the router to has windows vista and the other has windows xp. Do bothe computers need an adapter?Both computers are desktops.



I have two computers. I want to setup both computers to use my cable enternet.?nortan



I would be shocked if they did not have a network adapter installed in them. Look for a plug near where the keyboard and mouse plug into the back... The computers need to plug into the numbered ports on the router that are all together... and the cable modem needs to plug into the port on the router that is off by itself (labeled "internet")



You should be able to surf when its all connected, most cable connections are DHCP which is the default setup for that router. You might have to find out if you need to configure it from your internet service provider... Just dont hold your breath on them walking you thru it, they can give you info on your connection type...



I have two computers. I want to setup both computers to use my cable enternet.?noton



You should have a cable modem. The cable goes into your modem, then into the router, then to the wireless cards in each pc.
both should plug right into router. you need wireless network cards for both pc's to make wireless work.
You can buy 2 network card and 2 network cable to connect to router OR buy 2 wireless network card to plug into PC.
Yes both pc's need an adaptor

No comments:

Post a Comment