Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Careers in Computers?

I know there is demand for computer but I am a high school student and I wanted to know if there ARE computer careers that pay well that are truly in demand. Im at the top of my class and I could only ever imagine working with computers as I get older but at the same time I am worried about how many teenagers my age want to grow up to work on computers, thus making me feel like its need will decrease drastically in the coming years. Any suggestions or comments about this field of study and vocation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!



By the way, I plan on going to a strenuous college



Careers in Computers?pc security



You are really thinking analytically which is awesome.



Don't forget that a successful career in "computers" means you have to find an industry you like as well.



In other words, you can work in the technology side of the education industry, the health care industry or even the hospitality industry. So in addition to saying you want to work in computers define more clearly WHAT you want to do with them.



Second note - do not make your career choice based on anticipated salaries. There is a lot more to career satisfaction than salary.



Having said that - visit the Bureau of Labor Statistics to get the latest on employment projections. Use this website:



http://www.bls.gov/emp/ and look at "Projection Analysis".



You can learn an awful lot about careers, training and salaries at the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Bookmark the BLS so you can go back there time after time as you need more answers.



Also subscribe to BullsEyeBlogs for High School students to help you develop good career habits early. http://www.bullseyeresumes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment