Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Computers, FBI, etc.?

Hi, this may be hard to explain. I want to become good with computers so that I can get into the FBI. I downloaded python and tried it out. I want to know how to actually do stuff useful. Also, is it possible to be a computer wizard in the FBI and still go on the field to make arrest and stuff, or do I have to choose? If anyone could give me advice on computers, how to become good, websites, books, (free) programs, tips, anything!!! I really want to be able to do cool stuff. If i need to expand this more then let me know.... Thanks



Computers, FBI, etc.?virus scan



I would recommend getting a computer science degree with some kind of technological criminal justice stuff. Learn about computer forensics. Python is not usually a recommended language to begin in. Try something like perl, or if you're feeling courageous, learn C or C++. Learn to use linux along with windows. Familiarize yourself with as much information about how computers work as you can. I would scour the web for as many tutorials as you can find. Google is your best friend.



I'm not really sure about the whole going on the field thing, but I would guess probably not, unless there is some good reason for you to be there. But I guess there are reasonable needs for computer experts on the field.



browse the net for stuff on programming, networking, computer science, and especially computer forensics.

No comments:

Post a Comment