Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I need someone with Computer skills as I am new at computers?

Okay here is the deal, I've a Dell desk top computer, i have Norton on my computer, and i also have the basic package with AdWareSE which scans for things Norton does not, now Norton has A fire wall in it, do i need in order to protect my computer to upgrade that AdWareSE package to enclude an additional fire wall protection package, i mean can i have to much protection and how do i know, and please be very detailed as I AM "VERY NEW WITH COMPUTERS, thanks.



I need someone with Computer skills as I am new at computers?trojan



You only need one firewall protection system running. To have more will slow down you computer and is unnecessary



I need someone with Computer skills as I am new at computers?abtuvurys 2005



the 3 things you need to keep you protected are



1) A firewall (Already buit into Windows XP) so you dont need another one



2) Anti Virus Software - AVGFREE is good



3) Spyware protection - Try Spyware doctor from pctools.com



Ditch Norton and Mcaffe as they are not good and cause your computer to slooowwwww down
Don't upgrade anything. Adaware is a great virus protector. Firewall protects current viruses, but it does not run a full scan. Turn your firewall on and keep it on and 1-3 times a week, run the Adaware program on a full-system scan to find any hidden viruses.
If you are new to computers, another firewall can't hurt. They can impede networking, like with multiplayer video games, but chances are you are only using the computer for the internet and the firewalls shouldn't affect that. However, if you have to pay more for it then it isn't worth it, because you have a Norton firewall, you can activate a firewall built into Windows, and if you have broadband then your modem may also have a firewall.
It is possible to have too much protection !

No comments:

Post a Comment