Thursday, October 1, 2009

Controlling Computers on My Network.?

Hello.



I have a Netgear WGR614 and three computers which are connected to the router. One laptop which I use wired, the other two are desktop computers which are both wireless. I want to know if there is anyway that I can use one of the wireless computers from my wired laptop. Something like a Remote Desktop Connection but easier. Answer with as much information you can.



Thanks in advance.



Controlling Computers on My Network.?ariel



What's not easy about remote desktop connection?



You turn it on on all the systems (Right click my computer - Properties- Remote tab)



You open run (winkey-R)



You type mstsc



You type the IP address of the machine you want to connect to followed by the remote desktop port ie 192.168.2.3:3389



Hit connect.



The other machines desktop appears.



I think it may also be required the the account you log into has a password on the remote machine.



Controlling Computers on My Network.?computers



These programs are the only way to remote control the machine. There are several others, but the end result is the same. At least with the vnc series you can scale the remote screen to fit it all into your main screen.
try www.logmein.com but remote desktop connection is the simplest one i know of

No comments:

Post a Comment