Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How can I network my 2 computers in my house?

I have both computers connected to a four port dsl router. Computer 1 runs on Vista, Computer 2 on XP. Computer 1 has my router and my printer in the network map, but does not show Computer 2. Nothing is showing up in Computer 2's network. Is this all I need to connect the two for file sharing? I have them both set on the same network name and workgroup name thru the network wizard, but this doesn't work. Am I missing a physical connection? I already know how to set up files to share, but how will I know if I'm properly connectecting my computers? I really don't know what I am doing, so can someone help me in with detailed instructions? Thanks.



How can I network my 2 computers in my house?software



Seems like you're already did your homework. In order for Win Vista to see Win XP you need to install the Link Layer Topology here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/detai...



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;You also need to go into Vista Network Center and Sharing and make sure the the sharing is enabled. Check the LAN properties from the Network connection panel on both pcs to see if you have the File and Printer Sharing Enabled on your TCP/IP protocols.



How can I network my 2 computers in my house?vincent



check these web site



hope this will help



good luck :)



Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment