Thursday, October 1, 2009

Need help with connecting two computers on wireless network?

I have just set up a router which is connected to my main computer by ethernet cable and via wireless card to my laptop. The internet connection is working really well on both terminals but I now want to share files between computers.



I have tried mapping the network drive but the laptop does not find the main computer and vice versa. I also got a USB adapter with the router pack and I have that connected to the router (even though i think I don't need this)



How do i go about setting up the computers to share files when the laptop can't find the main computer.



Thanks



Dan



Need help with connecting two computers on wireless network?vincent



Assuming you are running Windows you have to set up a home network/workgroup.



Open My Network Places and select set up home network from the box on the left. Do it on both computers.



Need help with connecting two computers on wireless network?adware remover



you could just get a pci wireless card for the desktop...and use an ad-hoc network for file sharing....or go to my control panel an go to network and sharing or network..w/e ur on vista or xp and just click on the network icon you are conneted to (in my case it is just linksys) are you can see all the people connected to that network and can share files freely

No comments:

Post a Comment