Thursday, October 1, 2009

Two of my computers are connected to the same routers need help?

ok so i have my desktop computer which is connected to the cable modem, and then the modem is connected to this firewall/printer box, then that is connected to my linksys wireless router. the problem i've been having is my desktop is connected to the modem through regular wires and my laptop (second computer) is connected to my wireless router wirelessly. whenever both computers are using internet at the same time my laptop the one with wireless internet goes slow and then if i instead hook a cable into my laptop instead of wireless it goes regular speed. Note: my laptop only goes slow with wireless if somebody else is also using the internet on the other computer at the same time



Two of my computers are connected to the same routers need help?virus protection software



You have a totally incorrect configuration. Once you use a router ALL the machines must connect to it. The only thing that should connect to the modem is the router. Having one machine, in this case two (printer as well) connected to the modem will cause conflict. If the printer/firewall is also a router, you must dump the other one, and use a wireless access point instead. 2 routers cause more conflict. You are lucky your connection works at all.



Two of my computers are connected to the same routers need help?adware

No comments:

Post a Comment